Friday 18 November 2011

Round Up: The Channel O VMA's!

From sexy West African rappers, to larger than life divas with even larger weaves, the Channel O awards had it all!

First things first, it would be criminal of me not to give Africa's musicians a hand for pulling out all the stops at this years O Awards! I have always been a fan of a lot of the stuff Nigeria's consistently churning out (blame it on those sexy Naija boys) However, Uganda, Namibia and them definitely kicked the door in and made their presence felt this year. If you didn't watch, here's what you missed (or didn't) tltltl

Tiwa Savage - I love me some T.Sav!! 'Kele Kele Love' goes hard and I've always loved how phly this girl is. However, no one prepared me sufficiently for that girl's live performance. She gave me EVERYTHING! Whooooo!! She deserves that Grammy nomination! Vocals were on point! Nigeria stays stuntin'!

Tiwa Savage

Lizha James from Mozambique on the other hand, needed to pull her 'Hair Guy' to the side of the stage for a serious conversation about her weave. It made her look like she was on her way to buy bread and milk at the Ponta D'Or Supermarket! Who did that to my favourite Mozambican queen?! Mnxm!

Lizha and her hair...

Channel O's Dineo did a great job as compere/host. Co-host Banky W on the other hand looked and sounded like he wanted to make love to himself the whole time lol! Great guy but hhayi lol!

FOREPLAY:Banky touching himself lol!

I STAN for DJ Cleo! He can have everything I own, that guy. I don't care what anyone says about him. He works hard and has an incredible mind! I know this because I interviewed him earlier this year and I left that place totally inspired! This is the reason why I won't say anything about his hair.

Cleo performs

My hubby Naeto C made me smile when he won an award for our wedding song, 10 over 10. Lol! My granny was more fascinated by Naeto's shades, a similar pair which she owns. Now she thinks she knows music because they share the same taste in eyewear *smdh*

My gran's fave glasses!

The highlight of the night was without a doubt Flavour's performance. That 'Nwa Baby' song of his is my 'Song of 2011'! You should have seen the action at my house during his performance. I was dirty dancing and grinding the stove, while my granny straddled my mother's pot plants tltltl! I threw a shoe at the TV screen at some point though because whoever was behind the camera wanted to show us Flavour's face, which we did not give two rat's a**es about. All Africa wanted to see was the guy gyrate. Damn!!!

Flavour gyrates...

And then there was Shaa. Nkosi! She made me hide under the table when she fluffed her lines. It was so awkward shem and my heart broke for her. I then proceeded to roll on the floor, with my breath threatening to leave my body when the audience packed up laughing when she apologised to her mother. Shem, my heart was so sore for that girl. Be Strong wherever you are my nubian sistah *sigh*

I was sad until KB mounted the stage to present an award. The producers should have paired him with Dineo. That joke about 'Blacks, flasks and booze' made my night. He's brilliant!

Teargas and Liquid Deep then made my granny reach for her High Blood Pressure pills when they came out to accept their Most Gifted Duo/Group Video for 'Born for this'. She couldn't handle all that 'swag' in one place at the same time. Those boys looked good! *Swoon* However, I suspect two of the Teargas guys were drunk! The little one was soo entertaining Lol!

Teargas

I couldn't understand a word Samklef said on stage, so I concentrated on the flower pinned on his pretty co-presenter's dress. It was yellow.

Professor tore the house down (as usual). I chuckled though during his performance because his dancers thighs tried their best to outshine him. They were all over my screen! I boo'd the way when my favourite Kwaito artist Brickz lost out to a guy from Namibia called 'The Dog'. Mnxm! The way Brickz makes my life! I secretly wished he'd pull a Kanye and tell The Dog "Whooooohwwwww!!" and then walk off the stage Lmao!

The producers should have let JMartens and Fally Ipupa perform! They would have killed it on that stage! That's all I'm not happy about.

Anywhoo..Congrats to all the winners! Don't sleep on Africa and it's talent!! So proud!!

PS - My pic uploader is hungover, so I'm not able to caption the pictures the way I'm supposed to *sigh* Askies-ini ke?! lol! Mwaah!!

-By SereNgeti
Pics- Channel O, Naijafilm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment