Monday 13 February 2012

RIP WHITNEY: One Of The Greatest Voices Of Our Time Silenced Forever!




RIP Whitney 'The Voice' Houston
  

“Sometimes you’ll laugh. And sometimes you’ll cry. Life never tells us the when’s or why’s. But when you’ve got friends to wish you well, you’ll find your point when you will exhale”.

Powerful words from one of my favourite Whitney Houston songs, ‘Exhale (Shoop)’, written by the super talented Babyface, for the ‘Waiting to Exhale’ soundtrack.

I join millions of music-lovers across the globe, to mourn the tragic and utterly shocking passing of one of the greatest songstresses of our time, Whitney Houston. If you – like me, are a funky 80s baby, there will be absolutely no doubt in your mind that Miss Houston was HBIC (Head Biatch In Charge) at the time, running circles around other female vocalists, without so much as breaking a sweat on the microphone! With THAT voice, it is more than understandable.

Bobby was my drug

Whitney was what I like to call #BadBad!! Believe me, Paula Abdul and them know EXACTLY what it feels like to be served up a delicious plate of Whitney dust on the charts (sorry Paula! I Love you Lol!) At a time when there was a clear line of demarcation lodged firmly between popular black music and other genre’s at the time, Whitney successfully bridged that gap and…in dramatic fashion! I really do not want to talk about her time with ex husband Bobby Brown. We all know how that turned out! “Bobby was my drug. I wasn’t getting high by myself”, she infamously said in an interview.

Whitney dressed in traditional Swazi attire
I choose to remember Whitney Houston for that incredible voice, silenced too soon and not the demons she battled in the last years of her life. God speed Whitney!! Thank you for touching our souls and for your unparalleled contribution to the arts!

Take a look at Whitney at her AMAZING best!!  LIVE at the SuperBowl in 1991!! *Goosebumps*

Whitney Houston's Star Spangled Banner rendition!


We love you Whitney!!!! RIP!!

-By Ngeti Dlamini aka SereNgetty
x0x0

No comments:

Post a Comment