Wednesday 22 February 2012

Hot New Artist Alert: LANA DEL REY!

Here for the crown: Lana Del Rey
 
What do you get when you mix a generous helping of indipop soul, with a gorgeous, moody and very hungry specimen with legs that go on forever and a day? Well…you get model/singer/glamazon Lana Del Rey, that’s what! Believe me when I tell you that this bright, new star is nothing to play with! I put my granmomma and ‘em’s life on it (Sorry gran! You know I love you right? Lol)

With a bang ‘on-trend’ retro style, a delivery that’s as sadcore as the blues will allow, an attitude that's unashamedly ballsy (she calls herself a 'gangsta' Nancy Sinatra) and a voice as bewitching and captivating as they come, why shouldn’t Lana be Sexysomething’s new girl crush? I've been on this girl's trail for a couple of months now and am glad that people have stopped taking Zzz's on this New Yorker :)



Hi. I'm a real 'G'. You?


Hop on over to YouTube and take a listen for yourself if you think I’m trying to sell you lofty pipe dreams. See if you are not affected by her power. (Well, and the fact that she’d give your man more than an ‘amber alert’ in his pants hehehe) Lana's brand new album is called 'Born to Die' and has spawned hits such as 'Video Games' and the title track 'Born to Die'.

Sometimes sounding jaded, she bewilders the senses by managing to be overwhelming and refreshing...ALL at the same time. Whose child is this?


'Amber alert' in your man's pants!

 This girl joins that boy The Wknd as one of my ‘Hot New Artist’s To Watch In 2012’!

She is, without a shadow of a doubt, on ‘the come-up’!!

I loooove you Lana!!!

- By Ngeti Dlamini aka SereNgeti

Images: Blackvinylmag, Fashandme

No comments:

Post a Comment