Friday 1 June 2012

KEITH MURRAY: 'Man Child'

Top 2: Dead or Alive

Keith Murray is one of the most incredibly gifted lyricists of our time. I love this metaphorical genius with all my heart. He's my second favourite male emcee of all time, coming second ONLY to Pac (naturally). 

I'm really sad record companies choose to invest in rappers like Wacka Flocka Flame and 2 Chainz, instead of focusing their time,energy and cash on artists like Keith. It breaks my heart into a million little pieces also that such talent can be totally wasted on drugs. Keith Murray has admitted to dabbling in all kinds of foolishness, but claims he has everything under control - even after revealing he comes from "a long line of respectable druggies." Hhayi.... I don't know. His new mixtape 'Murray Madness' is crazy though! That I know for sure!! My boo still got it!!

I came across this video while I was  trawling cyberspace and it's too good  not to share. I'd be doing the world a disservice. This is Keith reciting a poem titled 'Man Child' on the Def Poetry Jam stage. An awesome moment in Hip Hop history, for sure. This man is soooo intelligent!! I am moved. Sooo DEEP!!

Keith  Murray - 'Man Child'




"...It's important that my understanding is understood, but it's more important that it's understood in the hood"... I absolutely love that!!


Check out my favourite song by Keith below:





 - By SereNgeti

No comments:

Post a Comment